- 3D Technology Innovations symposium on 16 Nov. from 11 am to 12:30 pm or so in The Hub, for sponsors and specialist companies, by invitation.
- Rendezvous upstairs in Chris-Teas for a light lunch, as an option for participants in either or both session(s).
- SketchUp Masterclass on 16 Nov. from 2 pm to 4 pm or so in The Hub, for artists and designers, using case studies in sculpture and garden design.
3D_lgc Stand all weekend in the Festival
- A Public Stand on Saturday 17 November from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday 18 November from 11 am to 5 pm in a marquee in Broadway Gardens, as part of the Letchworth Arts Centre’s Festival 1970s-1980s theme. We were accompanied by the National Museum of Computing (based in Bletchley Park) and the First Garden City Heritage Museum. We screened all the Competition entries and other models/tours linked to the Competition, publicised the sponsors, presented a history of 3D digital modelling and of course publicised the Awards Finale event!
- Our Screening & Awards event was on Sunday 25 November from 2 pm for 2:30 pm until 4:00 pm or so in the Letchworth Arts Centre. This event was free, with plenty of seating, space for exhibits and reserved seats for our sponsors, entrants, advisers and project team. The celebration took place as follows:
- Welcome and thanks to all sponsors, entrants and supporters.
- Screening of all 3D models submitted for the Competition: “Not So Flat Now!”.
- A quiz on recognisjn g Letchworth buildings and features from the ground up.
- Presentation by the sponsors of awards for the prize-winning entries.
- Showcasing of the sponsors’ 3D visualisations, models, maquettes etc.
Our event manager was Frankie Oliver of Invite Creative Event Management. details
Several of us met on Friday 30 November to review the project and celebrate its completion. blog