Congratulations to each person who submitted an entry to the Competition! here
Whilst few, our entrants were keen and produced an impressive number and quality of 3D models. You can view the models with information about them in the 3D Warehouse, in the collection named 3D_lgc.
- Here is a snapshot of the 3D_lgc collection’s contents: Index.
- Here is a tiny. static map of where the modelled buildings or scenes are:
- Views of the entries in postcard format, with one slide per entrant, are here (PDF @ 16MB).
- Views of the entries, with one per slide, are shown here. (PDF format @ 21 MB)
- Here are views captured from a local copy of Google Earth, showing: the town centre models (below), more of the models at twilight (below that) and some of the models from dawn to dusk: here (SWF format @ 12 MB).
- There is a listing of 3D models below, with links to the models in the 3D Warehouse, 3D_lgc.
- We made a set of 10-second video clips of individual entries (in AVI format @ 10MB to 17MB each).
Key to class of entrant: young – under 18; expert – working with digital graphics; other – neither.
For descriptions, please refer to the 3D Warehouse.
|Public buildings and scenes|
|JH||young||Letchworth Railway Station|
|DB||expert||First Garden City Heritage Museum|
|MH||expert||The Settlement (formerly the Skittles Inn)|
|JC||young||The Leisure Centre, Letchworth|
|DB||expert||Letchworth Garden City Library|
|JC||young||The Brotherhood Hall|
UK’s First Roundabout, Letchworth
|DB||expert||Mrs Howard Memorial Hall|
Offices and shops
|DB||expert||North Hertfordshire District Council offices|
|JH||young||The Nexus Building|
|MH||expert||Old Grammar School|
|SY||expert||Broadway Shops – in greyscale|
|MH||expert||120 West View|
|DB||expert||St Hugh of Lincoln church|
|DB||expert||St Pauls church|
|MH||expert||The Free Church|
|MH||expert||St George’s church|
|MH||expert||St Michael the Archangel church|
|MH||expert||Church of St Mary the Virgin|
|MH||expert||Church of Saint Alban|
|MH||expert||West View Baptist Church|
Click on these images and drag left/right to rotate the 3D view: