Up to 29 October, there were 21 models completed and 19 in progress or to be replaced.
URGENT: We need to gather as many entries as we can! So if any model of yours is marked in bold style please upload it to the 3D Warehouse whether you consider it to be completed or not! Let us know if you want any help.
The buildings listed below have been modelled or are in progress at 29 October (shown with the modeller’s initials; in 3D Warehouse, DB is identified as ‘World6440’ and JC is ‘Coops”).
- The Goldsmith Centre, Broadway (CJ) – preceded this Competition – completed
- The former Town Hall, Broadway (CJ) – preceded this Competition – completed – twice!
- Broadway Cinema, Eastcheap (CJ & DB) – completed – twice!
- Spirella Building, Icknield Way (CJ) – completed
- The Community Hub, Station Road (formerly North Herts. Homes) (RL) – needs updating
- North Herts. Homes (formerly the main Post Office) (SY) – cancelled
- Fenners Building, The Wynd (JW) – draft to replace or improve
- MacKay’s Junk & Disorderly, The Wynd (former drive-through garage) (JW) – draft to replace or improve
- The Nexus Building, on Broadway Gardens (JH) – completed
- An Exhibition Cottage (DO) – in progress
- The Round House (historical – the house no longer exists; 140 Wilbury Road) (DO) – in progress
- Station Place, shops and offices (CJ) – completed
- The Public Library block (Broadway & Gernon Road) (DB) – completed
- The HBOS block, Leys Avenue & Gernon Road (DO) – in progress
- Double-dormer house (_R) – in progress / out of contact
- St Hugh of Lincoln church, Broadway Gardens, SG6 3PQ (DB) – completed
- Fortescue Hall, Pixmore Way, SG6 3TP (DB) completed
- Salvation Army Centre (Norton Way North, SG6 1BH) (JS) – in progress
- Howgills (2 South View, SG6 3JJ) (JS) – in progress
- Mrs Howard Memorial Hall (Norton Road South, SG6 1NX) (DB) – completed
- North Hertfordshire Leisure Centre (Baldock Road, SG6 2ER) (JC) – completed
- St Michael’s the Archangel church (Broadway Gardens, SG6 3PQ) (MH) – completed
- St George’s church, Norton Way North, SG6 1DA (MH) – completed
- The Free Church, Norton Way South, SG6 1NX (MH) – completed.
- Letchworth Baptist Church, West View, SG6 3HJ (MH) – completed
- Hawksley Type BL8 pre-fabricated bungalows, 30 units = 60 semi-detached dwellings in Highover Road and Campfield Way, SG6 4XJ/4XH/4XL (JW) – draft to replace or improve
- Cumberlows Composting site, Buntingford, SG9 0QD (where our biodegradeable waste is recycled) (JW) – draft to replace or improve
- St Alban Liberal Catholic Church, Norton Way South, SG6 2HG (MH) – completed
- The North Herts. District Council’s offices, Gernon Road, SG6 3JF (DB) – completed
- The Settlement, Nevells Rd, SG6 4UB (MH) – completed
- Brotherhood Hall, Gernon Road, SG6 3HL (JC) – completed
- St Paul’s Church, St Paul’s Church, 179 Pixmore Way, SG6 1QT (DB) – completed
- Broadway Gardens, with fountains and two pergolas, SG6 3… (JC) – in progress – Fountains model uploaded.
- Letchworth Outdoor Pool (Lido, 1935), Norton Common, Icknield Way, SG6 4UF (JW) – to replace or improve; JC may improve it.
- The Cloisters, Barrington Road, SG6 3TH (DB) – in progress, uploaded
- Foundation House, Icknield Way, SG6 1GD (JW) – completed, to replace or improve
- Letchworth Museum and Art Gallery (now closed), SG6 3PF (JW) – draft to replace or improve
- Church of St Mary the Virgin, Letchworth Lane, SG6 2AJ (MH) – completed
- Letchworth Railway Station, Station Place (JH) – in progress, uploaded
Only one version of each site’s model can appear in Google Earth but there are plenty of notable buildings to choose from. So please avoid the sites of existing models (except as noted to replace or improve).
NOTE: The examples shown in italic style are not entries in the Competition so you are welcome to improve any of them or replace it with your own version. See the page Learning to Use SketchUp for the photographs used for most of their textures.